Learnings after meditationself_improvement
- You don't find your ground by looking for stability. You find your ground by relaxing into instability.
- If you don't train your mind to appreciate what is good, you'll continue to look for something better in the future, even when things are great.
- What you hate most in others is usually what you hate most in yourself.
- The belief that there is some future moment more worth our presence than the one we're in right now is why we miss our lives.
- There are 3 layers to a moment: your experience, your awareness of the experience and your story about the experience. Be mindful of the story.
- Your mind doesn't wander. It moves toward what it finds more interesting. To improve focus, become curious about what's in front of you.
Source: a tweet thread by Cory Muscara that I saw in Questlove's Instagram.